Thursday 16 May 2013

Into The Blue


Well,  I won't bother saying that nothing much has has been happening, all over again, as it would put the bland into boring, but I have been having a think about something new so I thought I could share with the group.

I've said before that my dream guitar has always been a '68 Lake Placid Blue Jazzmaster, and clearly it ain't happening in this incarnation, but have never got my act together to make my own homage fromage. Sat on me bum for a few weeks now has given me the impetus and happening it will be now.

So from the top it will be a lovely swamp ash body that will have a proper nitro LPB finish. Inca silver beneath, blue on top and lots of groovy layers of lacquer to taste.

From there I want it to look old but not battered, so lots of checking and a few dents here and there but no belt-sanding or keel-hauling, if you see what I mean. I want it barnacle free, at least until it is finished.

As for the neck, I'm going for an ebony 'board, usual big headstock bobbins and everything else. Tuners, the classic split Kluson, it can only be so.

As for the pickups, well as I intend keeping this for my very ownsome, and don't really need two identically soundified guitars, I'm thinking a standard Jazzmaster pickup for the neck with a Wide Range Humbucker at the bridge. I'll get these made by Marc at Mojo Pickups along with one of his groovy wiring looms as, well, I want the best of everything. Other than that, Mustang bridge, Fender AVRI tremolo, blah blah and blah.

When will it happen?
Well, could take a wee while I expect, but I've waited decades already so that is groovily cool. And that will be The Sappho One, coming one day maybe probably soonish later.

La la laaa

No comments: