Sunday 19 December 2010

Progress, Regress. Go to Gaol

Kentron pickups -
I always feel they're talking about me
Well, too much snow, sickness and general no-chance-today-sunshine to hit the J-Bird woodwork, but I did get a casual hour - in five minute bursts, admittedly -  and managed to put together the basic wiring for it, all push-pull pots and scratching of head. A harness, apparently.

It isn't totally complete, as I still need to join up the dots with the pickups and on-board effects, but the rest is there and according to me little multi-meter it all seems to work as I'd hoped. Even the kill-switch is wired so it makes sound without you having to depress the little red button, which really isn't me at all.

I haven't told Andy this - though I will, honest mate - but as I've got the 'twin' body, I thought I'd drop his electrics into that so we can see how it goes before the rest of the J-Bird One is ready, if that makes sense. At least we can iron out any probs early that way, which seems good to me.

I've been gutted that with seventy-three things and then another I've not got this completed pre-Xmas, but it would be nice for him to see something at least, and better still be able to try it out before it is in the right body and everything is done and dusted...

Other than that, in an attempt to retain my sanity and not cause any more diplomatic incidents, I Jookified a couple of bodies, well started to, with a bit of cloth. One is the Daisy Jook One - some nice cowgirls, and the other is a Mex Strat body I had lay around which has gone paisley on one side at least. The things you do to avoid Postman Pat for the 43rd time... The Strat is either going to get a pair of Kent Armstrong 'Kentrons' or a pair of PRS Tremonti pickups, depending on how Rock 'n' Roll I'm feeling at the time

I could do one of each of course,
but won't.

Still, it'll be a time before they get anywhere near finished - I can't see that it is worth lacquering anything for a while just yet and man, I want to do the J-Bird, I really wanna do the J-Bird. *sigh*

Anyway, hopefully I'll wire the rest of the J-Bird tomorrow and with a bit of luck I can cut up an old scratchplate to hold it in place well enough to work... Otherwise it might be copper again, la la la

1 comment:

Dickinstein said...

Well i know now I guess.