Monday 2 September 2013

Jamais Vu Like Never Before

Well my tatty tawdry wee plans for world domination clearly need a little TVP on their bones, which brings me nicely to what I think will be the central plum of my Jooky Custom Range (I did marketing once, does it show?) in the shape of The Jamais Vu One.

This is destined to be a top notch Jazzmaster with a few tweaks - notably a Bigsby rather than the usual Fender lump of metal work in the tremolo department, and I think will be somewhat stunning.

I mentioned before that the Customs will centre on a handful of standard designs and people will then get the choice of pickups, hardware and finishes, though being anything to do with me of course these will have to be something I want to do, which means Custom isn't quite what you would expect, I imagine, but there we be.

In fact I've spent the summer plotting what these will be - the options, I mean - and it will be this Jazzmaster, my cross between a Telemaster and a Les Paul Jr and the other one which escapes me now.

Oh, a Telecaster I expect, I like Telecasters. With an Ash body and a nice Mojo Gold Foil pickup at the neck, and a Bigsby. Did I mention I like Bigsbys?

Probably.

But there we are, the plan is that I will make an example or two of each and then if anybody wants their own - cool - but if not, I end up with lots of nice guitars.

Hope for the best, plan for the probable, that's my motto.

La la laaaa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what we're saying is that in your own willfully demented way you're sort of setting controls for Fano,Trussart territory but cooler, obv..

Can we go for a "Local Hero' sig model on the Jazzmaster and get one into Adrian Utley's hands please Mark ?

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

That would be rather vool and yet groocy too, it has said to be