Tuesday 10 September 2013

Juniors Wailing

Well, I've been thinking longly and, well, hardly about how the Jooky Juniors  will turn out and I've come to a conclusion that is rather crazy, but I think might just work if I develop the bottle to do it.

You'll remember, as it is very, very important, that the Juniors are Phase Deux of the whole Jooky Resurrection, and won't see day's light until the new year.

Oh, I didn't mention that before? No matter.

Anyway, I'm aiming for January for these, and have been going around in circles trying to decide the details.

What I do know is that they will be a single pickup jobby - probably a Mojo Gold Foil.

They will also have a neck. I know that for sure. A long neck with frets.

I also know that they will have an extra-especially-cool headstock. (The Classics and Customs will have Standard ones though somewhat Jookified).

I even know that they will all be boasting Rusty Tops of some sort.

In fact the only thing I don't know is whether the body will be a Dano-esque construction, or a single piece of wood. And until now I didn't actually know what shape it will be.

I mean, I'm going around in circles - should I go for an Offset? A Teardrop? Do I find some old obscure Eastern European effort and rip it off...or Gord Forbidden, do I come up with something off the wall and unique. And once I got to the last bit, well, it was always going to be.

And so I've come up with a design (though still not sure whether it will work or how it will be made), and I think it is do-able in theory. But have I got the bottle? I've never basketed my eggs like this before and it is a little worrying.

So I think I need a prototype, to just see how it goes. Whether it works. So maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow. maybe I will.

La la laaa

No comments: