Friday 27 September 2013

Free The Ganga6

Well, one good thing about having nowt I can do at the moment is that I get to think a bit more...and today's thoughts have been thunk in a Junior kind of direction.

I mentioned (many times) before that as well as doing the posher Customs and Classics, I also wanted some cheaper plug 'n' play dirty and deep down guitars that will be hot sexy hot and fundamental fun - the Jooky Juniors.

I'm sure Paul Reed Smith feels the same way. (watch the comments, he is a regular reader, of course (ahem.))

But what I haven't sorted in my little brain is what these should be.

I know they will be a single pickup - maybe a P90, or more likely a Gold Foil or having played the Mojo Mosrite inspired pickup in The Sappho One, that too is a seriously cool option.

As for the necks, that I know too - initially something trad, later something more like home (it takes a while and I'm never good at waiting).

But the body, what will the body be like? You see I have all sorts of ideas, but can't choose between the blighters, and so I thought, well why should I?

So instead, I'm going to go for gangs of six (gangs of four would have sounded better, of course, but what the hell), and by that I mean that I will make six of one body shape and that will be that, and then the next time something different again. And these little Sixers, will all still be unique of course, each of the six will have a different finish and no doubt be groovy on it.

These will be:

1. Gold Leaf
2. Rusted Iron
3. Corroded Copper
4. Corroded Bronze
5. Corroded Aluminum/Copper
6. Paisley

And that will be fun, fun and a bit more fun. Wonder if I   can get the first Ganga6 done by Crimbulmus?

Would be kinda groovy...

La la laaaa

No comments: