Monday 16 September 2013

Diamonds Take Forever

Well, I had another box of glittering delight arrive this morning, from the land of Mojo Pickups, and couldn't wait to put the Gold Foil at the neck of The Diamond One, matching it up with Marc's prototypical blade Tele pickup with-no-name.

To be fair though, it has a way to go (holes to drill, sanding to endure, finish to apply) and I am missing one or two bits...

1. Neck, quite fundamental
2. Tuners - equally so
3. Bigsby B5 and Tele conversion thingy
4. Saddles
5. The usual knobs, strap pins, switch tips, control plate, neck plate and selection of screws (though I have some copper nails which may make an appearance sometime soon.)

So with that in mind, no I don't know why I got excited at all, apart from that all of those things are on-their-way.

Also in the box was a loom for this of course, and a pair of Marc's lovely PAF flavoured humbuckers, and another loom to go into the Old Gordo. This will probably happen tomorrow alongside the fettling of The Diamond Shiny One, body-wise.

I asked Marc to do the flippy-floppy-Peter-Green Magnet thing (as I'm lazy), so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm genuinely keeping the Old Gordo this time.

Forever.

Stop smirking,

I mean it.

Really.

La laa laaa

No comments: