Thursday 5 September 2013

Bedbugs and Boogaloo

Well, The Boogaloo One is off to Helsinki, and my post-holibob surge of enthusiasm and achievement faltered in the first furlong as one of the bratskis got an early sick day in before I had a chance to catch me breath. It's never simplistic around here.

Tomorrow though (unless the other one  has her turn) I'm going to be getting The Sappho One together as far as I can as the super cool neck should be here any day now (meant to be yesterday, but who is counting? Well, me obviously.)

This is going to be a special one in many ways - the cracked nitro Lake Placid Blue finish, the Mosrite and Gold Foil pickups courtesy of Marc at Mojo Pickups, and the U shaped neck, 12" radius, jumbo of fret, ebony of board and flaming  maple of stick - all pretty groovy. Nice heavyweight set of Gotoh tuners too, Fender tremolo and Mustang bridge. Lovely.

Better still as of course this is the Jooky I'm going to keep. No, really. I know I said that about The Boogaloo, Golden Shower, Old Burny, Groovy, Old E and another dozen or so of the Ones, but this time is different. Probably mainly..

Scouts honour.

La la laaaa

No comments: