Monday 4 January 2010

New Year Bobbins


Well, now that we're well and truly into the New Year I figured that maybe I should start to do something about the Purple Paze, my cloth-eared P90 Strat thingie.

As I said before, I think I've got all of the pieces, but am a little bemused about how to chop chunks of wood out of it so that the pickup will fit in.

The plan then:

Firstly, I've marked where I want the wood removed.

Secondly, I'm going to take a chisel to it (although I have been offered the loan of a router, but not having used one before it might be something I leave for another day.)

Thirdly, I'm going to cut a hole in the dodgy old, flipped over scratchplate, again so the P90 will fit.

Fourthly, I'm going to have a go at covering the scratchplate with the paisley cloth. I figured, it would be good to try it on there before I brave the body itself.


Its a start anyway...

Other than the Paze, I'll probably spend most of this week actually trying to play something on a guitar, as those fine people at Guitar Tools have somehow managed to put over 160,000 guitar tabs up and on their web site. Just about everybody you can think of is represented on there, and it looks likely to expand as time goes on...

They were still tuning the server last time I looked, but well worth a visit if you want to fulfill your life and nail that elusive guitar solo in George Michael's 'Faith...'

La la la
Happy Noo Year

No comments: