Thursday 21 January 2010

Meandering like a butterfly. Achieving like a cuppa tea


If you are one of the - amazing number of - folks who have been reading this blog regularly, it won't come as a surprise to hear that I get side-tracked easily. Not that it really matters, as Jooky was never meant to be a profit-centre or money-generating-entity, or anything other than a measure of fun really, but some people do wonder what the point is.

In fact, I'm not sure myself. We sold The Snake Hipped One yesterday, and to be honest it came as a shock that we were selling anything at all when the email arrived, as I'd totally gone off on a tangent with The Paisley One.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm pleased we did sell it - it gives all of this a point - and I hope they enjoy it. I'd forgotten how much fun the amps are until I, err, tested it last night for half an hour.

And that did make me think. It made me think that I should make more things, well, finish more things as they are fun to use and it is nice for other people to have a go with them as well.

So I'm going to be a bit more organised and instead of going in twelve directions at once, I'm going to make the effort and set myself a little rule that we have at least one of each of our 'products' - I hate that word - in 'stock' - yeurch - at all times, and if somebody happens to buy one, then I'll make another of the same kind of thing.

So there we are, my big plan part 77.8:

1. Finish the Paisley One and put some strings on it
2. Make a Sophie's effect of some type. I'm thinking a golden shag tin
3. Build a Cheryl-tone Amp, maybe with a painted box
4. Create another Amy-tone Amp.

After that, I can get on with playing I reckon.
And start to dismantle the Telecaster I've just acquired, 
I'm thinking flock wallpaper
or gold lame
or maybe
just
m
a
y
b
e
.
.
.

p.s. The Shakey Spear One is still up for grabs HERE for the next few hours anyway.

No comments: