Monday 11 January 2010

Making holes & a Bit More Paisley

Not too much time today for Jooky-stuff, but I did manage a couple of jobs before real life took over..


Firstly, I finally put those there chisels I got from Homebase to good use, and 'routed' out a bit more space so that the P90 pickup will fit in. I also made more room generally at the front as to be honest I am still not entirely sure what sort of electronic gubbins I will be including in there, or more to the point, how much room it will take.

Once the chiselling desisted, it was nice to be able to at least place the pickup and scratchplate onto the guitar. It either looks nice, or horrendous, depending on your view of such things, though more 'real' if nothing else, all would have to agree.

Anyway, it was good to move on that bit.

Next, I got down to the real business of the day, and following the procedure I described yesterday, managed to stick some lovely paisley stuff onto the back of the guitar. This still needs a couple more coats of the Podge, and the usual sanding and clear coating, but man the shape - it looks like a guitar...which feels good after all this time.

If I get the chance later to put the front on, I'll let you know.


As for how easy it was to do, well lets just say the flat and the big curves were fine, but the neck end was a 'mare and I've decided that there will probably be a bit of patchwork going on to make it all nice and neat.


No matter anyway, though If I ever do this again I think I'll either got for a nice flat Tele, or go the Fender route and only apply it on the front, painting the edges and bursting around the design. That would be a load easier, but there we are. I'd worked that out up front to be honest, I was only ever being awkward.

No comments: