Tuesday 22 October 2013

WIP: The Jamais Vu One

Well, it has been so long since I did a WIP I almost forgot  how, and only took one foto, but I got a riddle on yesterday with the body and the lovely lump of alder became blacker than a darkly black thing, and I even got the back copper-leafed while I was at it.

Today followed on nicely, with the front catching up and rather splendid it is looking too. Reminds me of a slightly battered Wulfes fan, which is never a bad thing.

I wanted a shinyish finish on this one as the copper can dull down a bit otherwise, and it is looking good so far. Few more coats and we'll be crimson with deelite.

Once this is all dry and polished and the rest, I'll nail on the rather lovely neck I had custom made with it's ebony 'board, flamed maple woodiness and stainless steel frets. It is meant to be a U shape, but I think it is more like a Gibson 50-something which  is a nice hand-filler indeed.

I'm waiting for the pickguard - a nice red tortie one, but have the lovely Mojo Pickups and wiring loom and a gorgeous Bigsby B5 to go with them. I've also got a set of Gotoh tuners I was going to use elsewhere, but will divert in this direction as they have a lovely solidness about them so all is groovy.

Other than that I've got a Jazzmaster bridge, but may end-up with the usual cool Mustang replacement, and I'm thinking aged  Telecaster knobs will be a final flourish.

So basically, if the postie gets his finger out and delivers some Jiffys I may finish this quite soon. Which will be handy, has to be said, as I want to play it.

As for The Sappho One, I have finished that now, so I'll do a proper intro soon as I stop playing it, methinks

La la laaaa

No comments: