Monday 21 October 2013

Whoops, I did it again..

Well, three new guitars in as many (working - ha!) days, is probably pushing it, but I seem to have had an old Aria Les Paul copy arrive ce matin, and rather lovely it is too.

Now I don't know loads about old Japanese Les Paula, but it seems to be from 1980, is solid rather than pancaked, has a volute on the back of the neck, a long tenon with a screw thru it and weighs a happy 9lbs, in old money.

Being pernickety, I asked Aria about it and they confirm the age and suggest it is either an LS800 or an LS1000, but will come back with more details.

Of much more importantness, it has a lovely neck and thru my little Yamaha toy amp sounds Humungus Mc Massive Fungus.I hit a harmonic when I started writing this and it is still going.

Obviously I will keep it forever etc. until the next time I get bored anyway.

Other than that The Jamais Vu One is now black and drying before it gets some copper leaf plastered on, so that is cool too.

La la laaaa





2 comments:

Jules Longhurst, Routemaster said...

Lovely Mark (wait, shouldn't that have a comma in to save blushes?). If you do choose to move it on, I'M YOUR MAN (no commas will help that one).

Seriously: I've got the LP bug now...

Jules McToot

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Jules

Would you believe it if I said that somebody has already called dibs on FB? :)

Probably more likely than me calling it a keeper I must admit...

It is really rather lovely though, commas or not