Wednesday 2 October 2013

Heading In A Direction

Well, one of the things I've spent ages agonising over, over the last few months is headstocks. I know, I really should get one.

Why? You may ask, if you are truly so bored, and I guess it is because with my new look at the worlde of Jookiness, it seemed a good idea to have my own headstock shape. But it is really tricky to think of something original that doesn't looks pants or just different for it's own sake, and so I haven't got so very far.

In fact as far as the Classics and Customs go, they will usually have licensed Fender necks, so I'll go with the flow on them, but I still want them to stand out to some extent, so I have been playing around with alternatives in other ways. And basically, I think I have crackled it now, as I know what I'm going to do.

And in the end the answer was quite simple. The Customs will now have a bronze painted headstock, whilst the Classics will have copper. The Juniors, well they will be a little different but probably matching the body. And to really capture the vibe I am going to leave them unfettled by finish so like a statue they will corrode over time and generally look pretty cool I think.

I should really show you a foto, of one or two I prepared earlier, shouldn't I?

La la laaaa

No comments: