Thursday 24 October 2013

So Anyway..

Well, I've been all-of-a-ponder about The Lingering Honey One - the Les Paul Jr Jooky Classic that I am desperate to get going with. Well, as desperate as I get, you'll understand. What I really mean is that I just tripped over it in it's case, of course.

But regardless of it's clumsiness-inducing-powers, this is quite beautiful - a one-piece mahogany body, one piece 'hog neck, long tenon thingy, it's going to have an aged Mojo Gold Foil pickup, a Faber Aluminium Wraparound bridge (ta Rob ;o) Sperzel tuners and, well, probably some strap pins too.

What I can't decide is how to finish it, which is odd as that is the bit I normally find easy to decide. No really, I do, everything else is panto and a bit Widow Twanky.

So, my initial thought was to go for my aluminium and copper paint, but that left me cold in the end.

Next, I was thinking pure black with shiny chrome. Cool, but maybe not verily Jooky.

Thirdly, I was thinking I would walnut stain and oil the back, sides and neck - this is sounding like that Amazon review for Veet for men - with rusted iron on top.

But now, after having fun copper leafing The Jamais Vu One, I am tempted to gold top it. But then that may be a leetle flash for a Jr.

So I can't decide really. I mean it is going to be uber cool whatever I do, but you know...

La la laaaaa

2 comments:

burton said...

That's gonna be so cool - I can just feel it!

burton said...

Ooooh, that's off to a fine start!!