Sunday 6 October 2013

Black Copper Baby

Well, hopefully I will be home alone enough this week to get a cracking on The Jamais Vu One, as I'm going to try something a wee bit different with the finish and it knows at me until I get it done and see how it turns out.

The Jamais is of course going to be a Jazzmaster but with a Bigsby tremolo instead of the usual Fender style one. I've already  got Marc at Mojo Pickups to sort me out with Es and Whizz (OK, pickups and loom), and there is a rather lovely Jazzmaster neck on the way too from Statesville, USA which will be rather cool as well. But I was a bit up and down on the finish, but now I'm not.

Clarity thy name is Jooky.

So what it is going to be is a quite striking black stain - I'm going for a really deep one I think, with a nice covering of copper leaf on the top and around the edges. Maybe even on the back too. The world is my cantaloupe after all.

OK, not radical, but I've not gone for this combo and that is enough to get me excited these days, so there we are.

La la laaaa

No comments: