Friday 4 October 2013

Travellin' Very Slooowly

Well, I have deliberately not shown any WIP fotos of this, as it had got quite embarrassing, even for one as slack as I, so I decided that the first foto of The Travellin' Man One would be when it is finally clamped in my friend Patrick's talented mitts over in that America place. Hence there is no foto here today.

But as it happens I actually finished the guitar a leetle while ago and have just been waiting on a few final flourishes, which Monday should bring, Royal Mail permitting.


And finished, as far as this guitar goes, has been a rolling feast as so far it has had:

  • 3 bodies
  • 4 necks
  • 3 sets of tuners
  • 4 tremolos
  • 6 sets of pickups
  • 4 wiring looms
  • A paisley finish
  • A rust finish
  • A well corroded metallic homogeneity of a finish, and...
  • I really don't want to think about the strap pins. Man, don't ask about the strap pins.

But until now it has never had a set of strings on it.

And this might seem odd, but from my perspective, it got there in the end as it has a whole host of cool tones and the neck is dee and vine. I can't say who made it for me, but it is a special thing indeed.

In fact despite it being a Strat (and my love of Strats being well documented), I am really enjoying playing it right now.

Hmm, wonder if Patrick fancies a Jazzmaster

La la laaaa

No comments: