Wednesday 15 June 2011

With All Humility...Ignored

I've said it too many times before, but this little Jooky Crusade is entirely ego-led, and so it is always lovely to hear what the folks who end-up with one of my guitars, through no fault of their own, thinks about it...

I was pretty chuffed then to hear from David, despite the juddering of the journey seemingly jarring the bridge out of kilter..

Anyway, here are a few nice things he said yesterday:



"She's a beauty. ....I plugged her up and had a wee noodle. What
a great array of tones. The Brown Sugar is all Tele twang and the P90
is luscious, warm and mellow - but still with that great attack when
soloing up the neck. I love the middle position as well. I was
surprised when I realised that this sound was being produced by the
P90 since it sounded much more similar to the Brown Sugar, but I like
it a lot. It sounds almost like a telephone band-pass filtered version
of the bridge pup. Deliciously lo-fi. The variety of tones is as
unique as the finish; all in all, a sonic win.

The neck feels great. I also love the ash-tray cover. It'll need to
come off at times for palm-mutes, but when finger-picking it's a great
place to rest your hand and be at ease. This will only add to
theatricality onstage.

I'm very pleased. Thanks a million."
 and today...
"Lulu went to rehearsal today. Lulu excelled at rehearsal today. I think she's going to become my go-to in my current band. I play in a rock band with a pianist and the Lulu sat really nicely on top of the piano sounds in the live mix. Deep win.
The only other interesting thing I noticed tonight is that ashtray covers + high gain = feedback. That surprised me as I probably would have expected the opposite, but maybe it's acting as a wee high-freq resonance chamber since it's open at one end. Again, not a complaint, just an observation. "
 Cheers Dave - I think I've learned a bit along the way too - like maybe loosening the strings before I send guitars isn't sooo very clever :)


No comments: