Saturday 11 June 2011

Introducing: The Futuristic One

Well, I decided on a quiet weekend, but a load of bits I was waiting for arrived and so I thought I'd have a go at putting The Futuristic One together. Oh, and maybe even getting my finger out and finishing The Blue Moon One too.

Well, I can but dream.

After the fiasco with the Bill Lawrence 'The Original' pickups, where I (hate to admit that I) somehow managed to set the wires on fire, I've gone for a plan deux, which is a set of stock Gibson SG pickups.

Now as my  friend The Fat Old Man pointed out in the comments, that is rather boring and most unbecoming of the Jooky core principles, so instead of sticking with the basics, I decided to visit a chap of my acquaintance - let's call him 'Paul', mainly because that is his name, and he supplied me with some different magnets and talked me through my first attempts at modifying pickups.

Well, Alnico 2,3,4 and 5 were all tried, and I've come home grasping what is in effect a 'T-Topped' pickup and a slightly warmer version which with all imagination we've called 'T-Top plus a bit'.

Needless to say, The Blue Moon One went out the window and I've installed everything, strung up The Futuristic One and man, it is cool. I mean, very, verily cool. It looks great (if you remember the '80s) and it sounds stunning, even if you don't.

None of that buzzing hornet in a jar bobbins, this is a proper rock guitar, yet still really clear when you power it down a bit with those funny knob things I usually ignore.

So there we have it - no doubt a proper introduction will follow, but the Future is now, (dare I say it? Yeah, why not)....and the future is Jooky.

Actually, this is the introduction, what am I thinking of?

(Sorry.)

For the record then...

Mahogany SG body
Maple (I checked) Stratish neck
'80s Geometrical Design
Pat's Platinum Blond Leaf top, corroded big-time
Modified Gibson pickups (T-Top and T-Top plus a bit)
ToM and tailpiece.
Twin Volume, Twin Tone, Three-way switch.
Jooky Heaven



I did burn it a wee bit...







No comments: