Tuesday 14 June 2011

It's Lust I tell You

Well, I got started on The Blue Moon One yesterday, but haven't quite finished it, but hopefully tomorrow will see that finally ready to go.

Relight my Fire?
One thing I did manage to do was get hold of an old Gibson mini-humbucker, well it isn't here yet, but hopefully won't be long. So that should nicely pair with the PRS P90 in the Tele-Custom-with-no-name-yet. I'm really looking forward to doing that one, as it is going to be my first attempt with 'weathering' some iron. This is likely to be iron paint made rusty if things work as I hope and the gubbins arrives before my boredom threshold is exhausted. Tis a long cherished dream, about to come true. To rust my own iron, I have simple tastes. OK, I'll call it The Rusty One for now as that word keeps popping up.

The day started well too, as I got a lovely email from a nice chap called Dave to tell me that the Lulu One had arrived and that (thankfully) he liked it. The Stealth P90 and Bare Knuckle Brown Sugar combo was a real winner to my mind (and ears) and Dave agrees, so that is cool, though less pleased that the couriers tender mercies had jolted something or other and he needed to get the Allen key out and adjust the bridge. Really bugs me that. I've lost track how much fun couriers cause. Bleurgh.

But Lulu, that was a beautiful guitar and in a way I'm a tad disappointed as I was hoping he would send it me back... Ah Lulu, me and Jason Orange eh bab?

Burns Trisonic pickups - Yum
I also took delivery of the Jag/Jazzy body and neck I mentioned the other day, which are a nice surprise as I thought they would be a bit ropey, but quite the opposite is true. The neck in fact looks hardly played at all. I shouldn't be surprised, but when I hear the words 'Stuck in a cupboard for forty years as a project I never got around to completing' my brain instantly translates into 'Played to death then left in a muddy field full of Hereford Heifers and shat on a lot'.

But no, though old the guitar is in really top notch condition, and better still is really made of wood not ply. I think it'll be fun to do.

Anyway, I have a great finish lined up for that baby and if I can get the dosh together am planning on treating meself to a set of handwound Burns Tri-sonic pickups, which should be something a bit 'wow' and not a little 'Groovy'. They looks rather nice too, not that that ever influences me at all...



No comments: