Monday 13 June 2011

'Ere we goo agin

So another week, The Futuristic One sat in the corner sounding brilliant, begging to be played badly, which I can usually manage.

The Blue Moon One needing wiring, and a tap of the soldering iron to bring it to life and getting increasingly bugged that I'm not fulfilling my duties in that department.

A half started The Beaton One just needing some love and attention...and a touch of inspiration while I'm at it.

And so, obviously I'm about to start something else.
It is the way of things after all.

I mentioned the Tele Custom body I grabbed recently, which had been routed for a couple of soapbar P90s originally, and then 'converted' so that it would take a couple of humbuckers in it's strides. Well, I've got meself a lovely PRS P90 - I am an addict, it is true - but I don't want to put two soapbars in, so I'm looking for a partner with a difference.

Now don't get me wrong, it would be easy enough to grab another humbucker, and I might well do that, but I quite fancy finding a mini-humbucker from a Firebird or Les Paul Deluxe and then using a P90 shaped ring to fill the gap, as it were. Not sure how easy that will be - though the Catswhisker ones on the Daisy Jook One were a very good option, so I might do that. We'll have to see.

As for the neck, I've got a nice maple and rosewood one already, so that is covered, and I'm going to try some locking tuners mate-of-the-fat-white-jook Andy recommended the other day. He put them on The Crowley One, which I need to talk about soon, of course, and they seem well worth a pop.

For the body, I've got an idea for something a bit swish, but need to get some gubbins, so we'll have to see how that turns out. I need product man, simple as that.

Other than the Tele Custom, I've got the other Jaguar/Jazzmaster body turning up. This I already know is going to have a quite leary leaf finish. Something a bit different to those that have gone before. It is also going to have three single coils but nothing at all Stratty this time, something more along the lines of those classic Burns tones. There are a couple of options but I need to grab the pickups first and take it from there. Can't make up my mind whether to go for two pups in a Jaguar kinda way, or whether thee would give me more options.

Decisions,
    decisions.
         Monday,
              Monday.

2 comments:

Dickinstein said...

Wahoo I made an impact! LOL

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Of course... I'm a listening, nurturing kinda guy. Not at all an (out of) control freak :)