Monday 20 June 2011

Getting A Grip On

The Beaton One with unlikely SSS Scratchplate
Well, I must admit I feel a bit happier about what I'm doing after putting my little list together the other day. One thing I did forget though was the hyper-glowy Lil Red Charvette I picked up a while back.

I've been mulling this one over and can't really decide whether to just restore it to it's former glory, or totally Jookify it... First things first though, I'm short of a couple of bits - namely saddles for the bridge. Or maybe a totally new bridge if they aren't standard parts I can grab from elsewhere, so I need to have a bit of a mooch for them.


Decisions, decisiveness. MIA.

Other than that, today is the day I'm planning to ironise (ferrousate??) the Rusty Nail One's SG body prior to getting deep down and tarnished with it. Fotos to follow, obv. It will be the first time I've tried this in anger so fingers-crossed that I don't mess it up. I am really tempted to put a ring of iron nails into the front of the guitar too, just for good measure, but we'll see.

Not that I have any iron nails, mind you, but I kinda like the idea of the guitar looking like some sort of ill-kept medieval armour. Though I suppose it should be hot-riveted then. And I'm a shipyard shy of those.

No, doesn't make a great deal of sense to me either..

As for the rest of my latest list of things I may or may not get around to doing one day, well I also am going  bullet-biting and finally going to try and finish The Blue Moon One. Either that or bin it (which I don't want to do, but that is my incentive). It is turning into a sore point with mental blockage capabilities tagging along like a vaporous trail at the moment and before it develops into something worserer psychologically, I feel I really need to just do it, get it out of the way or if I can't manage it, get somebody else to.

But I go around in circularish flight paths and there is nowt to be gained from rambling further in that direction. Just needs a bit of action.

The Beaton One - Taken from behind F'narr, f'narr etc.
As for incoming stuff - well, not a lot in truth. Some tuners for the Rusting Nail, oh and a bag of olde worlde Germanium Diodes. Why do I want them when I'm not upto the task of soldering pedals anymore? Well, I'm going to try and put a little fuzz into one of the guitars in the near future, so I thought I'd have a play.

Actually, it is The Beaton One that is going to get Sophie'd after I had a brain storm last night and decided to make it a bit of a Rock machine in an alternative indie kinda way. It is going to have a single sooper hot pickup (probably coil tapped) and a Sophie's Filthy Boots Fuzz built-in. I really couldn't face doing a straight three single coil Strat to be honest, but this should be a bit 'wow' and 'Jeez' and maybe even a little 'Cor blimey'. All wrapped up in one.

I'm happier now I've decided, but am missing lots of parts so that is slipping to the back of the rear burner thing for the moment until I have some money to buy them.

Did I say I was going to give The Beaton One away? OK, will maybe explain that later when I've thought it thru proper-like.

So this week - Finish the Blue Moon One, start the Rusting Nail One, gather parts for the Charvette, try and sell something so I can buy more parts (so if you fancy The Futuristic One, I'm open to offers ;) and generally do - something.

Anything.

Just get on with it and stop talking so much.
All words, no action.
Get some trousers.
Walk the walk etc.

That should keep me going, until I repeat the list next week.
And the week after that.

No comments: