Tuesday 28 June 2011

Getting Rusty With It

Well, The Red or Dead One is a thing of beauty, and I really can't stop playing it at the moment. That isn't an advert, btw, I'm quite happy to keep the dear thing local for a while...

The Rusting Nail One
A nut short of a Wizard day out,
or something
But time moves on, and I now have the nut for The Rusting Nail One and so today is dedicated to sorting that one out too. I'm still desperate to hear the Wizard Novatron pickup, I have to admit. I'm not sure such expectation is good for the soul or more likely for one pickups ability to impress, but there we are. It's going to be fun to see anyway.

In other news, I am still dithering about The Beaton One's pickups. I was going to go for a straight single P90 type of thing, but have changed my mind again and am going to pair a P90 with a humbucker. I know P90s are my addiction, but if I'm going to give The Beaton One away, I guess I should make it more likely to be useful for other people too. A single coil and a humbucker are a good mix, and there we are. Anyway, the decision is made and I just need to dig out a humbucker to go with it.

I love Rusting Iron
(That's not palare for a ginger rent boy, btw)
I had got a Bare Knuckle Mule, but it didn't work when it arrived which was a tad annoying, so I need to search a bit more. Though I have got a Catswhisker PAF type of thing, so maybe that is the answer. It probably is, in truth.

Other than that, I am dithering about adding another Sophie's Filthy Boots Fuzz to it, or maybe a killswitch, but then you can over egg things, so I don't know. Decisions and a few more decisions.

After these are out of the way and I've gotten a long overdue grip on The Blue Moon One, I'm not sure what to do next. I had planned on doing The Moulin Rouge One, the Tele custom with a P90 soapbar and a '72 Gibson mini-humbucker combo, but I think I might  try and do some other things first. Too many guitars in a row gets a bit boring and I start wanting to repeat myself. Instead, I'm going to have a go at making a couple of Sophie Filthy Boots pedals. I'm not sure if my dodgy mitts are upto the soldering, but it is worth a try.



Finishing one would be good anyway as I promised I would do my best to get one sorted out for a Jooky guitar toting mate of mine...

We'll see anyway.

No comments: