Friday 10 June 2011

So Tired, Tired of Waiting..


Well, I may have mentioned it (whinged like a bairn) once or twice before, but I really do have a deep loathing for the time I spend waiting for couriers. Don't get me wrong, I quite often go to the post office, but that is a pain too in different ways (f'rinstance, our local post office won't take parcels that don't fit thru a window in their internal door. They used to open the door, but these days no. Naturally guitars in boxes and cases won't fit thru and so I have to go to a different village and use there's. Which is in a precinct and means I have to lump the box, not the easiest with a walking stick in t'other hand. So couriers seem the perfect answer, until you have to wait for them.

Today though one has already been and delivered the case for The Lulu One. Why I didn't have the case sooner is another tale I'd rather think not about - two cases in fact, but another day. Anyway, that showed-up, and Lulu is nuzzled with her tag and 'handbook' as you can see, and it is DHL I wait for now so that she can go to her new home.

I'll miss the old girl.

Other than that, and I feel better to 'share' my pain, I tidied-up The Futuristic One and wired everything except the pickups. I'm waiting for the ones I'll be using to arrive as after my own goal with 'The Originals' I've gone for some other Gibson ones that fit the era. (A second set, as I realised that the ones I'd put in were actually Wilkinson's and not really what I wanted to use.)

OK, my brain is addled today, and worse my PC is dying on it's feet too - so if anybody wants to swap me a nice laptop for a guitar, just give me a shout. I like Macs, but Windows is OK too...any takers? Nahh, didn't think so.

As for other things to do while I'm waiting, well, The Beaton One I mentioned yesterday - the Strat with the coat of many colours, has gone together remarkably easily. In fact I keep waiting to hit 'the wall' and something dubious happen to make me cry. I almost feel guilty about it going so well, I mean this is all meant to be part art after all, and it doesn't feel right not to include a wee bit of suffering, does it?

Pictures to follow when the PC lets me.

Other than that, I think it will be a weekend off as far as Jookydom goes

No comments: