Monday 27 June 2011

Sophie - Getting Some Satisfaction

Well, not a lot happening today in truth other than that I've gone deep down inside The Red or Dead One and very, very technically diagnosed, studied, analysed, determined, pondered, decided and generally come-up with a diagnosis as far as the mis-firing fuzz goes.

I then turned the germanium diode around so that is facing the right way, and now it works.

It is the little things, after all.

Don't get me wrong, this little Sophie isn't some mad in-yer-face explosion of fuzz, it is more of a thickener - think Keef getting Satisfaction, rather than MBV full-on mayhem.

It sounds great and authentic thru my nice little Blackstar, and it will stay I think - I  had half considered whether I should put the tone pot back in, but the fuzz stays. End-of.

As for The others, it is too hot today to think further, so I've instead been playing guitar a bit - it makes a change.


No comments: