Thursday 9 June 2011

The Future is Now. Well, maybe next week...

Well, OK. I still haven't started to finish The Blue Moon One, but I will, some day, one day, sometime.....soon.

However I did manage to move on at a pace with The Futuristic One - hence the fotos overtaking yesterday's missive by the time I got around to 'posting' it to this here blog-thing.

The body has even been lacquered and is swinging in the breeze drying itself in front of a fan heater. But that wasn't all, as I even got busy and sorted out the neck, removed the Foney-Fenderisation with some wire wool and then burned a Jooky logo into it's place. Bit of oil today and that will be lovely.

As for the top, I am really pleased with the effect. I let the acid-stuff burn quite a lot of the leaf away, and then Jooked it a bit more so it has ended-up with a spangled yet glittery burst type of effect. I wanted a lot of the purple to show thru, and it has, so all is cool.




So in truth, a bit of a tart up on the body once the lacquer has 'cured' and it will be time to wire the thing up, where it will no doubt flounder on the same boulders as my luna-de-bleu, as my rocking and rolling hands are shaking and a quaking a bit too much for soldering to be an option at the mo'.
But there we are, can't be helped.

I did do one other thing yesterday, and that was to rescue a Strat body I've been using over the last few months to practise my gilding and corroding on. It's been covered and wrecked more times than a (insert your own simile that doesn't involve crack whores) but by some twist of fate has ended-up looking quite amazing. It has stars depicted as a kind of relief (or whatever you call the opposite of embossedness) and has some quite lovely verdigris and generally looks quite beaten.
I just fell in love with it, sitting there all quietly timid. The guitar not me. The Beaton One, I think I shall call it, as it has been a bit of a Jookified cookbook truth be told.

So, without talking about myself in the third, I'm getting a bit self-referential and recycling myself, and while I was lacquering The Futuristic One, I gave this a good spray too.

Don't get me wrong, it is going to make a nice guitar and the body is beautifully light - maybe alder at a guess, but I'm wondering now what to do with it. Well, obviously it will have a neck and tuners and everything, but I mean what shall I do about pickups?




¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ LATER THAT DAY ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬


Well, since I wrote that and didn't immediately post it to tthe blog/site thing, I did instead move on even further with The Futuristic One, as you can no doubt see from the fotos....

Anyway, neck and body are done, a slight change of direction in terms of the pickups means a pair of uncovered Gibson ones are replacing the err, broken, 'Originals', which is a pain in the bum, but there we are. (Don't ask, just don't ask).

Other than that, it just needs wiring and we be there, which is all cool.

Oh, and a bridge as I can't find that at the moment...it really is here somewhere though..

La la laaa

4 comments:

Dickinstein said...

Mark , thats looking brilliant. Leaf over a fabric is quickly becoming your signature finish. The Crowley One says "Hi" by the way...

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers Andy - glad you approve...and give the demonic one a hug for me next thursday...

Fat Old Man said...

I love the look of this - I'm not sure about Gibson pickups - a little too normal - but I look forward to the finished spec

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers FoM - yes, I think the final spec might change a tad... Got a chap to see today who is giving me a masterclass on changing/flipping/rotating and 'baking' magnets and T-Topping Gibson pups and the rest...

Not quite sure about the baking business but we'll see...