Friday 23 July 2010

Might as well become a joiner

As seems to be the nature of things, I picked-up another guitar this week to be inducted into the college of Jookyland. It's another Strat, but for once rather than turn it into a home for P90 or Humbucker loveliness, I've decided to be totally radical and stick to Leo's formula and go with, *gulp*, three single coil pickups.

I know, I can't understand it either, but I guess sooner or later monkeys write sonnets and all that.


Anyway, that of course brings me to the thorny question of which pickups to go for. Obviously this is dictated by what is available according to the Jooky rules, but getting single coils seems to be quite easy (famed words to the end) and well, I think I might get a choice.

So, without getting totally sidetracked by the eternal pickup lament, I've decided that this Strat will be my first sorty into tie-dye-land. It's been a long time coming and well, why the devil not.

Saying that I did get some lovely pink paisley thru the post the other day, and, well....we'll see.

No comments: