Tuesday 27 July 2010

Going With A Hot Slag After All

As I mentioned the other day, I am having to rewire the Funky One from scratch due to a little mouse with a pair of wire cutters and a pair of Handy Manny pliers.
Squeeze, if you are unfamiliar.

Which brings me to dilemma's gates once more. You see, I had decided to go with the stock Wilkinson pickups for the first time ever, as they sounded really rather good. But now that I have a roll of wire in front of me, I'm thinking about the Di Marzio neck pickup that came out of a Fender HM Tele, and the Hot Slag that got usurped when I was doing the Mellow One the other week.

I mean, it sounds a fine old combo, does it not?

The only concern is aesthetic as the Hot Slag is a Zebra and I'm not sure how that will look with the TV Jones-esque covers I’m intending to put on. The  H Block tribute, as I hear they are called somewhere or other.

Still, that would be a wee bit funky, so maybe I should go that way after all.

No comments: