Tuesday 13 July 2010

Decisions to be made, yet again

Well, I hate to admit it but I'm still trying to get my head straight about the pickups for the Mellow One.

Ponder, ponder, whinge, whine, prevaricate, blahh.

Options:

1. Hot Slag - Wanted to try one of these for ages - f'nar & a f'nar - and I'm told coil-tapping it will work quite beautifully.

2. Bare Knuckle 'Rebel Yell' - Another warmer than the average pickup that will coil tap into a pretty sharp sounding impression of a single coil.

3. Di Marzio something or other - Bought a pair of these, made for Fender back in the Day, though one of them is knacked apparently. Which for a one-horse-guitar, isn't too much of an issue. Have no idea what these sound like, mind you.

4. I'm fighting my IronGear Alchemist 90 addiction, as I can't put P90s into everything I do, can I?
No, was the word you were searching for there.

Anyway, despite that The Mellow One has come together lovely-like. Tuners on, body a fetching shade of paisley, neck connected and I even remembered the strap button things, which I always forget...so really, it is just the old, old question, innit?

Ah, stuff it sideways, everybody keeps telling me these Bare Knuckles are the coolest of the best, lets see shall we?

No comments: