Friday 30 July 2010

Free-fallin'

I mentioned that I had got another Strat to play with, and that I was thinking of going all tie-dyed with it. Anyway, I decided not to in the end as the Fender Tie-dye Strats looked awful, and it isn't an image I want to emulate however Jookily.

Instead then, I'm accepting the inevitable and going with a rather nice raspberry Paisley.

So it will be another Leona's,
And there we are.

The Strat then, I'm thinking that maybe the time may be right to go with Uncle Leo's triple single coil design. He knew a bit more about such things than me, after all.

That's the plan anyway, although I do quite fancy putting a Jooky sustainer in one of these guitars at some point. I keep talking about it, but maybe the time is right, so, well...we'll see.

Other things of course are the octaver I was playing with before. That could be rather sizzly too, for the old Hendrix sound of yore. Maybe even both - what would that sound like? - the answer of course is that I really don't know, and that is the point after all.

They may come later though, or even as pedals. The thought of doing some proper pedals keeps bubbling up to the surface of course. Maybe I should scratch that particular itch.

No comments: