Monday 5 July 2010

Feeling Mellow

But of course, the silence can't ever last.

I have in fact just procured meself a Strat.

Not a Tele as was the plan, but there we are. Needs must and all that.

The plan for this wee baby is to be another fine example of Leona's work. It has a beautiful neck and is really vibrant acoustical-like, which I always think is a good sign.

Not too heavy - Alder bodied I think, but it was the neck that got me.

Anyway, my usual worries about pickups are in fact resolved up front this time. It will have just the one, but it is a bit of a doozy, and even on its ownsome I think will be pretty groovy.

The finish - well, Paisley won't come as a surprise, I guess.

But the pickup is nice. Hand-rolled (wound? I get muddled sometimes with the rollies) and of the Zebra persuasion. The Paisley is going to look awesome too, but I won't describe that, how could I do it justice?

La la la

Here we go again.

Oh, it's name? The Mellow One, I think will fit the bill nicely like.

Oh, and here is the British Dylan, or so they said..

No comments: