Friday 24 September 2010

The Cremery - Groovy Guitars

Following on from my Gordon Smith sycophantism, I wanted to mention somebody else in the UK that is making some groovy looking guitars. They have only been around a short amount of time compared to GSG, and to be perfectly honest I'm not sure whether they make totally individual guitars or those they have on their web site are a 'range' of products, as it were, but either way they are way cool. Maybe I should read the words rather than just staring at the guitars with my mouth open.

If I'm honest, I'm actually hoping that they are total one-offs as that would make them even more so rather awesome.

They are called The Creamery, by the way, better mention that hadn't I?

Anyway, the first of theirs I saw was a Zachary-inspired butcher's block telecaster, which looks utterly lovely. I quite fancied having a go at one myself when I came across the phlegmatic Mr. Zachary, but never quite got to Ikea to buy the board, but I might do yet.

Following on from that though, I used my offset-radar and discovered their Jazzmaster influenced guitar the Blackguard One. This looks gorgeous (I may have mentioned it before, thinking about it) and I would love to have a thrash on such a thing.

Since then, they have become winders of their own pickups and added to the guitar list (which makes me think - hope - that maybe they are one-offs) and generally got all rather swish-like.

So one off guitar makers or something new and special in guitarland, I don't know, but either way, they look beautiful and I think worthy of a long-term-eye-kept-on type of agenda.

I hope they don't mind me showing you a couple of their photos - if you are from The Creamery and do, let me know and I'll draw some artist impressions with crayons instead...

No comments: