Wednesday 6 February 2013

WIP: The Shonky One

Well, I got the finish finitoed for The Shonky One and completely forgot to show anybody, which is silly but there we are.

As it happens, it really is rather stunning in the 3rd dimension, I am most pleased.

What I haven't done is decide on the pickups it will boast, which is a little bit on the silly side as it will prove to be a wee bit quiet otherwise.

In the end it was routed for a couple of  standard 'buckers, so I am tempted to go for the Mojo HB Sized Wide Range Humbuckers, or perhaps one of those and something else of a P90 persuasion.

Ooh, it's like Liquid Pearl
Or maybe a P90 and a PAF as they always sound cool.

Or maybe it will be something entirely different.

In fact I am clueless,
I'll have to think about it a bit more.

What I do know is that it is going to get a Bigsby when that arrives from L'America and a Ricky style bridge, like that which adorns The Frou Frou Fox One as I am verily impressed with it.



Other than that, I managed to crock myself for the third time in a week, which is damned careless and silly in extremis, so not a lot else happening I guess.

La la laaaa









2 comments:

ralph said...

Actually I am doing the same guitar body from Jezza. My approach is slightly different... Pua Yew for the front and Mahogany for the sides and rear. The guitar will have 12 strings with dual P90's and all metal work is gold and pearl.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Sounds cool - I think bling is the way... I was really pleased Jezz decided to make some, it's a great shape for a guitar. Think I've turned into his product development dept looking at his site now :)