Wednesday 20 February 2013

Bye Bye Pinky - Hello Hartlepool

Well, the Tickled Pink pre-auction is over, so if you haven't already made your bid and aren't invited to the wedding, you have missed out on a groovy guitar, but there we are.

You needed to be quicker, no point in crying over it now.

The old girl is parcelled-up and waiting for a courier to take it to Burnley (so if you are passing any broken down UPS vans 'tween there and here, give them a hand, we're on a schedule here don't you know.)

Other than that, my parental responsibility for Princess Tinnitus yesterday stretched as far as her helping me to finish off the back of The Hartlepool One, and rather cool it looks too. I'd say stunning but I'm trying to rein it in a wee bit these days. Tis all cool. Basically it is a Lake Placid Blue with a Pearl and Opalescent, Shiny, Fairy dust finish and seemingly totally impossible to photograph proper nice like. The front will be similar but a bit more restrained on the fairy dust as she is back at school today.

One of the things I'm thinking of when I finally get this 'ere web site sorted out is to offer a few Jooky Custom Finished Bodies, rather than just complete guitars as, well, I like doing the finishing but there are only so many guitars I can put together, and over the last few years a lot of people have asked me to just do a body or refinish their own (I still can't be arsed with that malarky mind) so why not give it a go.

Of course as soon as I've made one, knowing me - aha -  I'll bolt a neck on and want to finish it, but there we are. The bodies will of course still be one-offs and numbered and signed and all that and if I get brave I might take custom orders for those as well. But who can really say, it might not happen at all.

So, courier waiting then, why does this feel familiar...?

La la laaaa

No comments: