Thursday 14 February 2013

Come Tickle A Pink 'Un

Well, I'd love to report that the bids for The Tickled Pink One are flowing in, but I'd be lying, and there is no point in that.

So if you fancy a one-off, hand built piece of gorgeous Telecaster La Cabronita-ness, swamp ash body, unique finish, Mojo TV Jones sized P90 and Ye Olde Wiring Loom, this could be a great opportunity, never mind a great way to support a fantastic cause. It's a once in a lifetime thing, like West Brom doing the double over Liverpool. You can tell you grandkiddies all about it and they will never believe it for a minute.

Anyway, in other news, The Black Russian One is back on the theoretical workbench, with some sanding to fit the neck nicely and a few other bits and bobbins lined up to get it finally fettled.  This is going to be pretty cool and I can't wait to hear what Andy thinks when he finally gets it.

Other than that, I broke out the drill so that the neck can be properly fixed on The Siren Song One and after that there really is very little else to do. It's pretty cool how quick this one happened. It is like that sometimes, even if it doesn't feel like it. And I know it is sad, but I'm loving the fabric 'binding' around the edges.

On the Siren I've gone for some of Mojo Pickups new range of relic/aged parts, and I think I have found my perfect strap pin in the shape of their Gotoh ones. Nice and heavy and looking good, can't ask for much more than that. The rusted ash tray bridge is cool too, so I've swapped out the Wilkinson one and gone with that and a set of equally aged tuners too. Lovely. (Can't quite believe I wrote that I have a favourite strap pin - sheesh.)

But the Tickled Pink One, show me your F£$%^& money. I'll say no more for now.

La la laaaaa

No comments: