Friday 15 February 2013

Gold Foil Dreamin'

Well, I think I may have overdone the sanding and screwing a wee bit these last couple of days, so The Black Russian One will now get bolted together early next week, but there we are. What can you do? I'm a raspberry ripple, end of story.

Instead then, my mind has turned to the long awaited and often-hazy-of-spec The Hartlepool One, my cats-eyed, semi-acousticalified Jazzmaster of sorts. I've lost track of how many variations this has been going to enjoy, so it is probably time to nail it down once and for evermoresome.

And after a good chat with Marc at Mojo Pickups, it will now have a rather intriguing specification....

So for today at least, as who knows what I'll think tomorrow, it will be:

1. A Jazzmasterish shape, cats eye slash holed, semi acoustic.

2. Big CBS headed neck of rosewood and maple.

3. A Dark-as-night blue metallic finish with essence of pearl and moonbeam

4. A Ricky bridge

5. A Bigsby

All of which is super cool of course and will look amazing.

As for the finishing touch, well I'm going to try the first set of Mojo Pickups' Gold Foils, which I think will be pretty darn stunning in this guitar, if I say so meself, which I do, so there.

I've been looking for a good place to try these for a while now and a sparkly Jazzmaster with a Bigsby sounds about the most perfect venues... The foto is of Marc's old Teisco, which also appeared in Saturday tea time's Metal Mickey when I were a lad.

Hopefully I can get started with this next week then as it is going to be uber cool methinks.

Other than that, I'm halfway there with the web site. It is going to have a couple of surprises and I've just brought  a few metres of hessian... Can you see what it is yet?

La la laaaa


No comments: