Monday 11 February 2013

And then Again...

Well, it may be a holibob, bratski-infested week, and things aren't 100% yet, but I can play a wee bit, and turn a screwdriver, so things are looking up.

The Frou Frou Fox one is a total joy and it needed very little to finish it, but I am loving it in a big way. I think the secret to it playing nicely is to always have a strap on even if you are sat down - there is a lesson for us all there, methinks.

Without a strap it is horrible trying to find a good playing position, but it is dead comfy when you get there. I played around for ages before I found the ideal (yet odd) placement for the strap pins, but well worth the effort. I'm really loving it and it sounds golden.

As for what is next, well The Black Russian One is top off the shop, though I need to do a little sanding to get the neck to fit the pocket properly. It's amazing how often standard parts in standard sizes are err, not. But there we are, well worth the effort and too snug is always better than too sloppy bucket loose, imho.

Similarly afflicted of course is The Siren Song One. That isn't a million miles off either and the neck fits too, so that will hopefully be a runner this week and all.

The nice thing about my enforced lay-off was that I have made a good start on a proper web site at last, and have decided what I will be offering in my artyified little way. I think it will be fun, and that is the main thing. We'll see though...

La la laaaaa

No comments: