Monday 4 February 2013

Slo-Mo-A-Go-Go: A Siren Sings

Well, dodgy shoulders mean I can't actually do a great deal at the moment, here in the little kingdom of the fat white Jook, so The Black Russian and Frou Frou Fox Ones are still awaiting starters orders in the finishing department.

I did however have a lovely piece of Telecaster shaped swamp ash arrive last week, and in between doses of a variety of dosages, I gave it a bit of a stain and wax, and generally plonked it together to make meself feel better.

I had a Mojo Broadcaster going begging, and Marc at Mojo Pickups is sorting me out another of his lovely Esquire wiring looms, so that is cool, and I gave it a 60s style maharishi binding around the edge which I'm quite pleased with.

Other than that it is a nice maple/maple neck, split Kluson style tuners and a pickguard chopped from an original 1964 copy of the Rolling Stones debut album (in Mono for your delectation).

And ultimately it is frustrating because I can't finish that one either, but one day it will be known as The Siren Song One, and really when doesn't matter, lets be facing it.

La la laaaaa





No comments: