Tuesday 5 February 2013

WIP: The Frou Frou Fox One

Well, I guess you are as bored of hearing me whinge about my dodgy shoulder and the impact such things have on screwing guitars together, so I thought laterally and remembered that The Frou Frou Fox One didn't actually need any screwing and I only had to put a bridge on and some strings.

Now bearing in mind the bridge isn't nailed down, it perhaps shouldn't have taken me four hours to get it this far, but there we are. I even dug out a string winder.

Anyway, there is a bit of a way to go - I can't find a second knob to fit, believe it or not, and worse of all one of the tuners is knackered so I need to replace that.

Also, I've just noticed I only seem to have one strap pin which unless you want to play it Shankar style is a bit of a pain.

But anyway, nearly there and I feel like I've got somewhere further along the line, and the P90 sounds raw which is sexy good.


But is is fun and groovy and I can do Joy Division and Julian Cope impressions now, if I breathe in severely, which is all good.

La la laaa



No comments: