Friday 18 November 2011

To The Stomach

Well, The Sick One has been rusted, fixed and lacquered, re-rusted, re-calmed-down and re-lacquered and is now going to have a final coat of lacquer or three on the top just for good measure.

I thought I'd give you a peep before that though as it basically will look mucho the same from now on...just maybe a wee bit shinier, like.

The back is already finitoed, so you can see what I mean..it has a bit more depth, don't you think?

As for the rest of it, I finally decided on the Gotoh tuners, well, I went for the Fender ones too, but they will come in handy somewhere else, I'm sure.

As for the pickup and the other bits and bobs, well they will show up soon enough.



As I said, a nice chap called Matt has got first refusal on this one in January, so I'm just going to have to put up with giving it the odd strum or three until then if I manage to finish it in the nearest of futures.

I managed to somehow unnotice the Ninja courier chap yesterday as he slid on his belly across the path to shove a 'Sorry I missed you....' card thru the letterbox, so it seems like the Explorer will now have to be on Monday. Possibly. You can never tell.

As for other things of Jooky note, well, I think The Sick One will probably be the last Jooky of the year, unless my wee Italian Donkey arrives quicksmart and I feel the urge to create, sugar, but that's not a bad thing.





Last year (2010 for those in need of a historicalised perspective) I think I made 11 guitars and wondered if that was too many. This year I think it will be 22 or 23, which is slightly stunning for one so slack. And I still haven't finished The Old Burny One which I was hoping to do for last Christmas, but there we are.



Next year though, I think it will be one-a-month tops as it gets silly otherwise.

But there we are, la la laaaa

No comments: