Saturday 26 November 2011

Confused of Jookyland - One String on my Wagon

Well, I have to say I can't wait for the post to show up, as I really, really need to put the tuners on The Bella Donna One. I'm going to wire it up over the weekend, and with a nice set of solid looking Wilkinson 'Chicago' Klusons, well, the world will be a nicer place.

They'll keep the strings on at least.

Other than that, I did receive a nice set of tuners for The Sick One. I went for some locking jobbies, which are kinda cute, with their twirly knobs and all. I also decided to go for a black bridge in the end as it just suited the guitar better. That too shouldn't be horrendous to sort out now. Assuming I can manage to remember how to wire a push-pull pot, it has been a while.

Saying that I've now put the tuners on, and it is all a bit embarrassing, as I can't work out how to make them work. They have a twirly disc on the front which turns to lock the string (I presume) but so far it hasn't done that and all I've been left with is blisters. *sigh* Never had this problem with Klusons. I've slashed my fingers and spiked myself, but never got blisters.

The other WIP one is of course that old fave The Old Burny One. Again a bit of soldering is needed and I guess I need to work out what is wrong as the pickup proved to be OK after all. After that though (with a new found reality-avoiding-blind-faith) we are there - Rome and Rosed, so we shall see.

And once I get to the finale of that particular trilogy, that will probably be it for a while as I'm going to digress and have a go at making a Rosewood (veneer) Telecaster, just to see if I can.

Unless I get an Explorer to play with any time soon, but we shall see.

La la la.

Oh, and it is West Brom v. Spurs today, which means that I live in a household at war. Everybody is being excessively polite at the moment, laughing a little too easily and loudly, but it'll never last come 3pm. Come on my Baggy Boys...

Boing boing.

No comments: