Monday 21 November 2011

A Study In The Unlikely

Well, with the exception of the tuners, I've now got all me parts for The Sick One, which is pretty cool. I've still to give it a taste of lacquer on top, but the weather is so damp I'm wondering whether it is best to leave it a wee while. Be a shame to screw it up this close to the wire. Though not unusual.

I also received the Gibson/Lawrence pickup back frrom Catswhisker this morning, so I can actually crack on and finally finish The Old Burny One. I almost regret saying that already as it probably means a house fire and third degree burns at the very least.

Allan at CW also sent his lovely Tele P90 thru for the Sick One, of course, so I might have a go at wiring it up at least. I also got the push-pull pot for the hyperdrive boost thingy, which is fun, fun and fun.

Oh, and the Explorer should arrive today (stop laughing)

What else, well my Italian sort of guitar, The Bella Donna One, should show up this week. It is a single pup jobbie, and is going to be copperified and fitted with a rather nice Seymour Duncan '59.

So there we are, I'll no doubt finish all of those this week.

(ahem)

No comments: