Friday 11 November 2011

Come On Feel The Nooiiizzee

Well, The Off Key and Elmer Ones are off to pastures new, so we are back to our more usual 'Larder Bare' selection of guitars here in the Little Kingdom of Jook.

Why is that?

Well I never quite finished The Wasteland One yesterday, but will today.

I know I will.

Deep down.

In truth it all got a bit fiddly - the wiring proved to be slightly short-of-wire in the vicinity of the switch - I'm guessing the routing wasn't 100% to vintage specs as I'm sure Fake58s loom was right, so I had to do some extensions dah-link, and then pretty much everything else got trickier than it should have too.

Anyway, all is left to do is solder in the pickups, connect the jack and put everything back together and we're there.

Later today, I will be playing this guitar loudly.
You have been warned

(Warned, that is, if you happen to be my back-door-neighbour. And thinking about it, if you are, you also need to trim your tree as it is blocking all the sunlight. And your extension makes your house look like Wormwood Scrubs. Think that is about it for now.

Although I should point out that bin day is Wednesday and you aren't obliged to leave your wheelie bin in the middle of the road from Sunday evening.)

But there we are. The Wasteland One - I'll be boasting about it's vivid rustiness later.
Today.
Oh yes I will.

Did I mention that already?

In other news, I'm rather chuffed as I picked up a nice pine Tele/Esquire body. This should be here in the next few days, and it is going to have a nice handwound Tele bridge shaped P90 - when I get around to ordering it from The Creamery.

This is going to be a bit of a punk effort on my part and I've kinda promised to have it done by January, so somebody has first option on it, The Sick One. Which is all good news as I was wondering what I was likely to be doing once the Les Pauls were finitoed. Looks like it is Tele-a-go-go, one way or another.

No comments: