Wednesday 30 November 2011

Striking a Pose

Well,  after a quiet few days it was nice to get down to some Jooky stuff yesterday. First things first, The Sick One is amazingly cool. I'm well pleased with how it has turned out, and in awe of the P90 with extras pickup Allan at Catswhisker put together. I'm a bit gutted that I only get to play it until January, as you can imagine.

Other than that, things haven't gone quite so smoothly. Now The Bella Donna One is as simple as it comes. One pickup, a volume knob and an output jack. Simple. But can I get the thing to work?

Well, no, or I wouldn't have mentioned it, in truth.

It is doing my head in though right now. The pickup is fine, I've tried a couple of pots and two sockets and replaced all of the wire. There is nothing else.

I know it will be the simplest of things, but - GAH.

Other than that, I've ordered myself some rosewood veneer, so wrecking that will be what I'm doing once The Bella Donna and Old Burny Ones are sorted out (he says), so I can't see there being any further Jookies this year now. Though I may deviate from the Rosewood Tele template, somewhat. But that will be it. No more Jookies in 2011. It is official.

Still, never say probably not...

No comments: