Monday 7 November 2011

Official Jooky Les Paul Week

Well, I have to admit that my determination to finally finito The Old Burny One failed dismally under a pile of tweaking of The Elmer One and a lot of Keef impressions in front of the mirror.

Sometimes these things have to be done, or they take away your lad card.

This week though, is very definitely lotsly a Les Paul week in Jookyland with The Wasteland and Old Burny Ones getting a good dose of solder and making sweet music, if things go well.

It's been a long time coming along,
let's face it.

Assuming all goes well, I think they may be nigh on the last guitars for 2011 as The Joe Le Taxi and Floored Genius Ones have faltered somewhat, and my little Explorer still hasn't arrived.

Also, of course, I've reached a point where I need to dream it all up again.

Which happens here and over there.

I'm pleased with everything I've done so far - the fabric finishes, the leaf, the corruption and degradation of all things metallic -  but I think a bit of R&D in some different directions would be timely.

(Obviously, if something interesting occurs to me in the meantime,
or the right project appears,
or I forget I've written this
or even thought it
which regularly happens
well, I love a challenge and it'd be rude not to,
wouldn't it?)

But to the solder...









No comments: