Wednesday 23 November 2011

On My Way To Amaryllis

Well, sick kids mean the soldering is out of the skylight (if there was a skylight, or even a light sky), so the top of The Bella Donna One is getting a good lacquering.

I know I should have taken a foto or three of the finish, but I didn't, so there we are. Once that is done I'm going to go for a contrasting bronze and copper corrosion fest on the back, as I think it will be kinda cool.

My only dither with this at the moment is whether to put the SD '59 in it or go a bit Gretsch and put the TV Jones I've been saving for the Joe Le Taxi One. I can always get another pup for that when I finally get my hands on the body, sooo....maybe.

But that is for another day. Instead then, I'll probably put The Sick One together today - all bar the wiring - and see how it looks. The finish looks great - or maybe sick - and I'm itching to get it together and have a go on the P90... Maybe tomorrow I can wire it up though.

Other news, I'm on the lookout for another Explorer as we seem to have entered fantasy island territory with the one I've been waiting for. So if you see one, give me a shout...

I did get a Tele body and neck today, which I'm planning on using to have a go at adding a veneer. I've never been into fancy woods, but I've always had a bit of a yearn for a Rosewood Tele and this seems likely to be as close as I get. It might have a twist or three, of course, we'll have to wait and see.

But there we are, more chicken soup, Lucozade and Calpol to organise.

No comments: