Thursday 10 November 2011

Getting Wired

Well, I've sent my bosted Gibson/Bill Lawrence pickup to Catswhiskerville to be reconnected or rewound or whatever it needs to make a peep again, and also sent the nice man an old Seymour Duncan '59 I had lay around too that was similarly unassuming.

It's the resurrection principle - why stop at one?

All of which means that The Old Burny One is yet again on hold. It was always going to be the way, let's face it.

As for The Wasteland One, well I'm pleased to say that the rather lovely looking Fake58 wiring harness arrived yesterday, complete with a couple of Ye Olde Bumble Bee capacitors and a lot of vintage Mojo-ness. The only slight buzzy thing in the medicine is that I ordered the wrong switch and it is too big, but I have another more petite one, so all should be well.

You'll hear the shouts of dee-lite if I get it all together today, as planned.

As for The Joe Le Taxi One, I've got to the bottom of that and the body should be here sometime soon. I'm quite looking forward to that baby. I think a nice shiny TV Jones  pickup will do wonders.

I'm also thinking about doing another Telemaster, though maybe with a couple of Soapbar P90s and a Strat neck, though I guess that is another name for a Jazzmaster, really.

Not sure why I didn't think of that before, as it is a wee bit obvious, isn't it?

Hmmm.

5 comments:

Dickinstein said...

If you find a decent place to get a jazzmaster body from , let me know mate :-)Still after making one.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Will do - I'm still looking for one myself - so likewise :) Have you tried the Squier Mascis yet?

Dickinstein said...

Unfortunatly for my bank balance my other half has said I can get a guitar on finace . So yet again the worlds my lobster, So I may be aiming higher . Just need to find my guitar shops to spend my time in....

Still would quite like to build a JM or a Jaguar though, alas one day perhaps.....

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

I really feel for you mate, it must be hard ;)

Got to be a Firebird, don't you think?

Dickinstein said...

I think so . Still gonna try before I buy and not make that mistake again . You ever played a real firebird ?