Tuesday 15 November 2011

Getting Sicker

Day 2: The Sick One gets filthy
Well, I feel like a bit of a plum in truth, as it turns out that there was nowt wrong with the Gibson/Lawrence pickup I sent to Catswhisker for a bit of TLC. Still, Allan is replacing the wire just in case (which was probably him being nice) and there we are. At least it kills off one more excuse.

Anyway, it should be back soon and maybe I won't mess it up when I pop it back in The Old Burny One.

On The Sick One, the 'journey to the corroded side' goes on today, with more rust appearing and assuming my new fangled drying technique works (opening a window) we should be lacquering tomorrow, before starting on the rust again. All good stuff.

I've deliberately concentrated on the top so far, as the back is a nicely lacquered pine and I'm in two minds whether to leave it. Probably not though, as I think a nice rust would be a better bet. The top, this morning, looks absolutely stunning and already has the 3D thing going on - excuse the extreme close-up, I'm chuffed and stunned all at once.

In yet more other news, the long-awaited Explorer should finally arrive this week. This is a bit of a special too, and is already spoken for. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but if I'm trying to do one-at-a-time, it probably makes sense. I'll have to think about that.

But the Explorer, I'm still mulling this one a wee bit, but it is definitely going to have a P90/PAF combination, which should be rather groovy.

But, to the rust..
Sick, Up Close and a bit flaky



2 comments:

David Farmer said...

Lovely, lovely rust.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers Dave - gla d you like it. It is a bit sad but I'm finding myself looking at old cars and drainpipes in the search for the perfect rust pattern. The Sick One is 'informed by' a 1978 Ford Capri, which is rather cool.