Saturday 12 June 2010

Welcome To Positioning

I can't quite make my mind up about where to 'position' the Jooky guitars - the Leona's, as it were.

I mean, so far I've tended to use whatever I can get hold of and go for quality parts but not absolute top notch. Value-for-money, rather than thru-the-nose...

But then I think, wouldn't it be better to, say, buy a Les Paul Standard, slap a couple of handwound pickups in, upgrade the electronics, the tuners, nice light weight tailpiece, locking this, nickel that.

Basically, buy the best of the best and produce a top notch guitar that is then finished in a Jooky way.

Is that better - and to be honest it would simplify things for me. I could spend a grand or more on parts and then maybe make a nice profit, wouldn't that be wiser?
More controlled.
More sensible.

Or do I keep things tight and ad-hoc, enjoy that touch of chaos that not really knowing what will turn up supplies by the shovelled-clod-full.

It isn't as easy to answer as it would appear.

No comments: