Friday 11 January 2013

WIP: The Mysterio One

Well, apart from a lack of strings, I seem to have got The Mysterio One fettled and fawned like fauna in a, err, strong breeze. And I have to say that it is looking crazy good...and I can't imagine there is anybody that wouldn't concede I am at least half right.

As the spec has somewhat changed, let me talk you thru it...

From the top it is an alder bodied Tele that has been coloured to looked like a time-stained painting panel thing, and then attacked with all due ferocity with some acrylic paint. I used to paint a lot  (and sell them, believe it or not) and this is kinda a retrospective of my Dragon Period.

From there we add to the little mix a super hot, hot hot Mojo Broadcaster pickup, along with a custom Esquire loom Marc has put together that coil-tapps the pickup in one of the positions so that it is only hot, losing two hots in the process, though still hot by normal standards.

It is a warm thing, with a notched thermostatic selector switch, that is perhaps a simpler way to look at things.

All of which was pretty much the original plan (if there ever was one), but as I acquired a weird and wonderfilled Hipshot B Bender with Drop D thingy, this seemed the perfect place for it.

Now, I can see this taking a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure it will be worthy of the effort.

So all-in-all, it is nearly there now, though I am expecting to have fun-a-plenty with the set-up, and it is, after all is done saying, your run-o-the-mill, basic, hand painted Esquire with a brace.

Simple really.

La la laaaa





2 comments:

Paz said...

That is one crazy looking string bending contraption you got on there!!!!

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Isn't it just.. I'm trying to work out whether it is worth more as a guitar or for weighing in as scrap...