Wednesday 9 January 2013

From The Frozen Filled North...

Well, normal Jooky service will hopefully reassert itself tomorrow, but I had a nice couple of boxes arrive from Planet Mojoland, which will help things along no end and to be honest, I am bamping at the chit.
Fotos by a Blind Mouse, Earlier Sometime Ago

First of all, are the TV Jones-sized Filtertrons in Hi Lo Tron-esque covers, for The Black Russian One. Can't wait to hear these in action, though a slight delay on that as when I came to fit the lovely ebony boarded neck I noticed that it was split all along the back. Most bugging. I have a maple one which I might put on to try it out, but even so...it was made with ebony in mind, and that is the way it needs to be. I am verily serious today.

Secondly, Marc has done me a Hotter than Hot-hot-hottish Broadcaster bridge pickup for The Mysterio One. This can be coil-tapped (coil-split? I forget) and so he has done another groovy Esquire loom for me, with one of the positions being the tapped/split variation on the norm. This is turning into something completely different, especially as I might well put a B-Bender on the thing too, just next to the kitchen sink balancing on the cherry on the top. Should be fun, has to be said. If I can lift it to play it.

The third box contained the loom and pickups for The Seaside One, which is a real gilty pleasure (ahem), and that too is ready to finish when I get my finger out and proud..

So along with The Frou Frou Fox One, I think I have just enough parts to finish 3 guitars, though as I have succumbed to the Bratskis collection of puke-worthy bugs it might well be next week rather than this that sees them completed.

Anyway...

La la laaaa


No comments: